Wednesday 8 September 2021

5 reasons why cats are the perfect anxiety banishing friends.

5 reasons why cats are the perfect anxiety banishing friends.

Awww cats, the most loving, loyal, furry little babies that we cannot get enough off. 


If you haven't got a cat and your thinking of getting one DO IT!!!!!!!

(Pictures below are all my handsome cat tiggy 😻)

My cat has been a godsend to me these last few years. My anxiety has got significantly worse, and sometimes all I want to do is curl up in bed and have a good old cry because my head feels so mashed up with intense, irrational thoughts which seem impossible to control. However, I'm not alone, my little furry friend will snuggle up beside me, place his paw on my arm, and give me that long, adorable stare while softly closing his eyes. I feel this is him communicating to me that everything's going to be okay. Whenever my eyes fill with tears, he nudges my head and falls asleep beside me. He makes me feel very safe and calm that I often fall asleep right next to him.



Some people say animals aren't capable of emotions, and I wholeheartedly disagree with that, Yes they don't think and feel like we do, however, I feel that he does have some kind of emotion, and this is the proof. If this hasn't made you want to go out and get a cat, I don't know what will. 


There are so many reasons why cats are amazing, and these are a few below


1) A cat's purr releases endorphins for not only your cat but for you too. It can lower stress, blood pressure, and even help headaches. Let's face it a cat's purr is one of the most relaxing sounds in the world.


I'm watching you!!!!

2) Cats are great companions if you're feeling lonely, a little time spent with your cat can help you feel less alone and provide you with some much-needed purpose. Your kitty is someone to look after, to feed, water, cuddle, play with, and if your anything like me, you will ramble away to your cat pretending he knows exactly what you're saying. I relax on the sofa or in bed and stick on a movie when I'm feeling down, and my cat will either sit with me, or he's just wandering around doing his own thing but I know he's there, and that gives me great comfort. 


Chilling in the sink lol 

3) When I can feel an anxiety attack creeping up on me, I feel fidgety, my heart pounds, and I find it hard to keep still. I'll often call for my cat and once he sits on my lap and snuggles up, I'm concentrating on stroking him and before I know it, I'm a lot calmer, and I can start to think logically. 


I have no idea why 😂

4) They can make you laugh so hard, my cat usually flicks things off the table if he's being ignored, and he will enter full-blown kitty rage and attack everything in sight. 


Belly rubs until I've had enough and I bite you 😾 

5) You look forward to seeing them. If you've had a bad day at work, the only thing you can think about is going home and seeing your cat (well I do anyway lol) when I open that door, I'm so excited to see him, he comes strolling over to me and nudges at my leg and it instantly makes me happy. 


Sleepytime 😴

So yeah cats are amazing little creatures and provide so much love and warmth 


I'm off to cuddle my little guy now, I've ignored him while writing this post and he sure enough expressed his frustrations by attacking a plant in my living room, so I think he deserves some attention ♥

Do you feel I've missed anything off of this list???? let me know below.  


Stay safe everybody xoxo 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment