Monday 6 September 2021

10 Things I do because of Anxiety (can you relate?)

10 Things I do because of Anxiety (can you relate?)


Hey, my lovelies ♥

It's no surprise that I have Anxiety, and there are several things that I do which I always thought were just me until I spoke with other people experiencing the same symptoms. 


Here are 10 things I do because of Anxiety 

1) I will not open the front door unless of course I know who it is, but if the doorbell rings when I'm alone at home I'll avoid it. I usually turn the volume down on the tv, duck down, or hide behind a wall because I'm so terrified. Quite a few times its just delivery and I miss it, I then have to stroll up the post office to collect the parcel. It's ridiculous why can't I just answer the bloody door?

2) When I'm walking along the street alone, I'll constantly fiddle with my phone and sometimes I'll even dial and hold the phone to my ear and pretend to be waiting for somebody to answer, and then I'll pull a face like I'm annoyed that they didn't answer. If you're frowning reading this right now, I know its sounds so silly.

3) I'll lie a lot about anything, if I'm talking to say a few mums from my son's school, I'll go along with everything they say, for example if they say "oh I have to phone the school for another important form" I'll say yes, I do aswel or if someone says "I'm heading the cinema at the weekend to see so and so" I'll say oh I want to see that aswel and most of the time I've never even heard of the film. 

4) I take a lot of toilet breaks even when I don't need to go, so let's say I'm sitting in a room full of people, I'll excuse myself and head to the toilet and say I'm desperate, but once I'm in the bathroom I just stand around for as long as I think it takes to use the toilet, then flush. The best part is I actually wash my hands afterward.

5) If I'm in a room with another person and eating a bag of crisps, I won't bite down on that crisp in case the other person hears, so I just hold it on my tongue until it eventually dissolves. 

6) I'm an Etsy seller, and when it comes to shipping items I dread it, I do it because I don't want to let my customers down, but standing in line at the post office in total silence with a queue of people behind me is horrendous. I often stutter all my words, feel bright red in the face, and cant wait to leave. 

7) You will never catch me sitting alone in a cafe sipping a coffee and reading, now I know lots of people who do this, and I can't help but wonder how??? sitting alone scares me, I mean what do people think? probably nothing, but my anxious mind says otherwise. 

8) Walking around outside I often have music playing in my earphones, but I will have this so quiet because I don't want anybody to hear what I'm listening to just in case they think why on earth is she listening to that kind of music. 

9) I hate eating out, and if I do I always try my best to find a quiet little table in the back, and if that's not possible I often eat my food super fast just so I can get the hell out. 

10) I barely wear any makeup, there are two reasons for this one: I'm more of a tomboy at heart, I'm not a girly girl. Two: I don't take compliments well at all, if I'm wearing makeup and a friend or family member sees me, they will always comment on it and I find it so awkward. So I now refuse to wear any, I'd rather stay invisible. 

Please tell me you can at least relate to one or two of these, comment down below. 

please don't forget to subscribe 

stay safe xoxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment